cream of artichoke with citrus peel
1. Drain artichoke hearts and cut into very small pieces. Place them in a saucepan. Pour the chicken broth , milk and cream. Salt and pepper lightly. Cook covered for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, brush the orange under hot water. Dry and draw the long peel. Wash and dry sage. Effeuillez it.
3. Divide artichoke cream among 4 plates. Sprinkle with orange peel and sage leaves. Serve hot.
crab spring rolls kiwi and green apple
- PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES
- SERVES: 4 PEOPLE
- 1 GRANNY SMITH APPLE
- 1 LEMON
- 12 SPRIGS OF CHIVES
- 4 SPRIGS OF CILANTRO
- 12 SHEETS OF AVERAGE ROMAN
- 1 CAN OF CRAB
- 10 CL OF OLIVE OIL
- FINE SALT
- 1. Drain and flake crab . Peel and cut kiwis into quarters and apple into small sticks.
- 2. Thin out and chop the coriander leaves. Squeeze the lemon juice for. Wash and drain the leaves of romaine. Make the dressing by mixing the lemon juice, salt and olive oil.
- 3. In a bowl, put the crab with the districts of kiwi and apple sticks, cilantro, and season with dressing .
- 4. Divide the center of romaine leaves the preparations of crab, kiwi and apple, fold the lettuce leaf as a nem and hold with chives.
450gr strong white flour and extra for kneading and dusting
1 teaspoon fast acting dried yeast
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns
2 teaspoons dried herbs de provence
2 tablespoons olive oil and extra for greasing
300ml of warm water
115gr gruyere cheese ( diced it in 1cm cubes
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
8 sun drenched or sun blush tomatoes
1/ sieve the flour into a bowl, add the yeast, salt crushed peppercorns and dried herbs.
Make a well in the centre and pour in the water and olive oil. Bring together with a large spatula or spoon to make a dough.
2/ turn the dough out onto a well floured board or work surface and knead for 5-6 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough back into the bowl, cover and leave to rise for 35 minutes.
3/ turn out the risen dough to a rough circle approximately 25 cm
4/ grease the casserole with a little olive oil and dust with some flour. Place in the dough and press to fit the dish.
To make a leaf pattern in the dough, make an incision down the middle of the dough then make 3 smaller incisions diagonally on either side of the centre cut, taking care not to cut all the way through the dough.
5/ pick small pieces from the fresh rosemary and stick randomly into the dough . Push the sun drenched tomatoes well into the dough to prevent them from burning. Cover and leave to rise until it has doubled in size approximately 45/55 minutes. ( try to keep it into a warm room)
6/ Preheat the oven towards the end of the rising process to : 200 C
7/ Bake in the centre of the oven for 20/25 minutes until golden and crisp
Herbs de provence is a mixture of thyme, rosemary, savory, marjoram and oregano, it can be found as a ready mixed blend in a supermarket
Pink peppercorn have a fragrant flavour with similarities to aniseed and juniper
Where to buy you dried yeast : waitrose you have little pack
This is really nice with a Chablis or a fruity red
Tips : leave the bread in the pot for a few minutes after baking to make it really easy to remove
if you don’t like cheese or the tomatoes just remove them from the recipe and make it just plain with dried herbs
200 gr black kamalata olives stoned
2 tablspoons capers
4 anchovy fillets
2 garlic cloves
1 talespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
Blend all the ingredients together to make the desired consistency.
It can be coarse or smooth like a paste. Decant into a ramekin, cover and chill until required.